THE MONTE-CARLO FASHION WEEK
RETURNS FOR ITS 6TH EDITION MAY 16-20, 2018
Young, Talented, International, Emerging, Sustainable, Innovative, Glamorous...
These adjectives perfectly describe the profile of the designers and brands participating in the upcoming edition of the Monte-Carlo Fashion Week (MCFW©)
The 6th edition of the Monte-Carlo Fashion Week will be inaugurated with the MCFW© Fashion Awards Ceremony & Gala Dinner, at the prestigious Yacht Club of Monaco on Wednesday, May 16, in the presence of international journalists and buyers, VIPs, celebrities and Monegasque Authorities.
Federica Nardoni Spinetta, President and Founder of the Chambre Monegasque de la Mode declared: “I am honoured to announce the extraordinary presence of Kean Etro who will receive the International Fashion Award as the recognition for the engagement and contribution to the fashion world of the Maison Etro since 50 years, as one of the brightest and creative brands, and Italian excellence”.
During the Fashion Awards Ceremony, the Chambre Monégasque de la Mode, will also honour:
- Rahul Mishra for his engagement and contribution to fashion with his ethical and sustainable fashion brand.
- Flavio Briatore, one of the brightest Italian business man. This award recognizes his contribution to the fashion world as founder of the luxury menswear brand Billionaire Couture.
- Istituto Marangoni, one of the leading educational institution. This award is the recognition for their engagement and contribution to the fashion world by training young talents.
- Constanza Cavalli Etro, founder of the Fashion Film Festival Milano. This award is the recognition of her cultural cutting edge contribution to the fashion world.
- German Larkin one of the emerging talents in Fashion photography. He is a journalist, photographer and avid traveller.
- Banana Moon, one of the most brilliant Monégasque brands. This award is the recognition to Banana Moon for their engagement to “Made in Monaco”, and their commitment to the Principality of Monaco.
The Monte-Carlo Fashion Week will include an entire day of Conferences at Salon Bellevue of Café de Paris, in the Casino Square. Face-to- Face with Flavio Briatore, Olga Egorovs, Mario Boselli, Roberto Riccio, Rahul Mishra and Sara Cavazza Facchini. The whole day will be dedicated to presentations, conferences, debates and dialogues with Fashion People. The conferences aim at bringing together CEOs, professionals, academics and buyers from all over the world to discuss the evolution of fashion, opportunities and challenges for brands and emerging fashion designers, always from an international point of view.
Flavio Briatore will inaugurate the Face-to-Face interactive discussion with his Lectio Magistralis about Billionaire Lifestyle: Luxury Services Strategies. Another important business leader, Mario Boselli, will give a brief presentation about Camera Nazionale Moda Italiana, illustrating and presenting the beautiful and well-crafted Made-in-Italy, to conclude with new fashion developments in China. Face-to-Face discussions will carry into the international platform. Miss Olga Egorova will converse about the Caspian region and illustrate the case of the Caspian Fashion Week, highlighting fashion in the multimodal globalized world underlining the East-West relationship, both blended and mutually enriched.